Sunday, April 26, 2009

Horror Movies of 2009

For this blog I decided to write about the horror movies that came out this year and the ones that will be this year. Personally, I like horror movies. Never ever would I watch one by myself but I do like them when with another person or a group.
In January this year we had eight horror films come out: The Unborn which is the only one out of the eight that I saw in theatres is about a young woman that is haunted by the spirit of her unborn twin brother, who died in the womb , After Dark Horrorfest which is where a car accident lands a man in an odd hospital with a deranged staff that's not interested in healing its patients. The other six movies of the month are: My Bloody Valentine 3-D, Donkey Punch, The Lodger, Outlander, Underworld: The rise of the Lycans, and The Uninvited.( Click on any of the movie titles for more information about the movies!)
Only one horror film came out in the month of February this year. That movie is titled Eden Log in where a man wakes up in an underground world populated by mutants and ghosts, aware only that he must reach a paradise known Eden Log. I never heard of this movie coming out and it doesn’t really sound that interesting to me!
Last month, March, only two movies came out. The Last House on the Left and The Haunting in Connecticut. The Haunting in Connecticut is based on a true story that became a Discovery Channel documentary and now a feature film that follows a family's tribulations as they move to a new home in order to help their ailing son, only to discover that it's haunted.
With the months of April and May combined we have a total of three movies coming out. Mutant Chronicles and Obsessed(A deranged temp worker (Ali Larter) begins stalking a successful business man (Idris Elba) in her office, threatening to destroy his blissful life with his wife (Beyonce Knowles) and kids) in April and Drag Me to Hell in May. In June and July we have five movies come out. Dead Snow, Prey, and Surveillance (David Lynch produced this tale, directed by his daughter Jennifer, of two federal officers who listen to three sets of stories from three would-be victims -- a zealous cop, a strung out junkie and an eight-year-old girl -- to figure out who committed a string of vicious murders) debut in June and All the Boys Love Mandy Lane( this looks really good!) and Orphan come out in July. In the remaining months, August through December, a total of fifteen movies come out. Some of the movies that I think will be big throughout the last half of the year will be Final Destination 3-D in August, Saw VI in October, and The Wolf Man in November.

2 comments:

  1. I do have to say, I am not a big fan of scary movies at all, but I have friends that like to make me watch them and scare me. Sounds like a lot of fun, I know. I do like the Final Destination movies though, they always seem to be alright. The ones I am not as big of a fan are the really jumping ones or the ones with a lot of aliens or ghosts in them. The movie The Strangers was probably one of the scariest movies I have seen. I heard the last house on the left was pretty good, but there were some parts that didn't need to be in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a HUGE fan of scary movies. I usually rent them after they are in theaters. I have seen a few of these you have talked about, but one I am still looking forward to seeing is the uninvited. It is a remake of a Japanese horror movie I have already seen. It was really good so I am hoping this movie isn't a let down!

    I am hoping to see a few more in theaters soon because there are a few out there I want to see. Thanks for the overview of them so far!

    ReplyDelete