Sunday, May 3, 2009

Death on Wisteria Lane

For those of you who don’t know, Wisteria Lane is the street on which all the housewives of Desperate Housewives live on. Also, where almost everything on the show takes place. A few weeks ago we saw the beautiful blonde housewife, Edie, of the show get into a car accident, but that episode had ended at that point and we had to wait till last Sunday to know if she lives or not. Turns out Edie Britt dies from being electrocuted after running into the telephone pole after swerving, so she wouldn’t hit Orson Hodge who happened to be in the middle of the road after being chased out of some old lady’s house. What really is surprising to me is that she was the one to die. I thought maybe the old lady would die, but not Edie who practically makes everything in the show more interesting! This leads me to believe that she either wanted off the show or maybe they just wanted to get rid of her? I don’t know, but I want to because she was one of the six housewives! I don’t think I will even be able to watch it anymore without wondering why it was her that had to go! Things like this make me wonder why these actors actually got killed off the show or moved or whatever it is that they make happen to get the character off there. Do they just want to move on in their career? Did they do something wrong? It just makes me wonder! So I did some research and found this on aceshowbiz.com! Here’s what it said : “Sheridan is taking her departure from the show with her head held up high. "I'm OK with leaving," the actress said. "I'm on to the next project and done with this show." Her co-star Eva Longoria meanwhile, is not so keen on the idea. "I love her so much as a person, and I love the character of Edie Britt, that I can't imagine the show without her," Eva told Extra. No clue yet of what 'new project' Sheridan will take but Longoria said, "She's looking forward to new adventures, and she's a star, so she's going to go on to great things."”

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I have never thought of a person dieing on a show having anything to do with wanting to be done, or moving on in their career, or getting in trouble. You found some good quotes after researching more on this subject. I can see why you were so curious as to why she left after thinking about it like you do. Shows just aren't the same when an important character isn't on it anymore. It makes the show really hard to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post. I'm assuming she just died off the show because she wanted to move on or just be done, maybe they just get tired of all the work all the time. It seems to happen a lot on several shows. Or else, maybe they had trouble on the set, and just didn't want her there? Who knows! It would always be nice to understand why a character left. Maybe some kind of public explanation would help out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia, I definitely agree with how often characters 'die' on shows and that it can be frustrating. I mean like my category for blogs (soap operas) people change characters even after dying and such its crazy! But I mean, it would be nice as to why she was killed off the show, especially if she is a very important character. I have watched that show on and off, but it will definitely suck without her! Hopefully the show will go on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That show is so long just like the show Lost. I like the drama and the deaths and the cheating everything is good but the same thing keeps going and going just like the fat pink rabbit of Energizer batteries. But the show is good and I see it sometimes when my mom has it on and so I watch it with her but I know that sometimes that street is just a street to remember.

    ReplyDelete