Sunday, April 12, 2009

Online Newspapers

Well, since we are now allowed to talk about any kind of media of which we choose, I am going to talk about online newspapers for this blog because I essentially think that it is awesome that the newspapers are available online. However, more and more these days they are all becoming available to us readers online. I think they may be doing this because it is cheaper than printing a ton of newspapers that people may not buy because they read them online like me…and almost everybody has access to the internet now.
My hometown newspaper, The Britton Journal, comes out weekly and I make sure that read it every week. I read pretty much everything in this newspaper because I am from a small community and I know pretty much everybody from around here, so it is nice to know everything that is going on from community happenings to sports to the obituaries and bridal showers. It used to not be available online but is now which will be handy in the future. The other paper that I sort of read is the Aberdeen American News. This paper contains world news and local news for the Aberdeen area. It has been available to readers online for quite some time and that has been really splendid since I have been away at school and don’t have access to the actual paper newspaper. In this newspaper I usually only look at the sports section and the world news because I don’t really know any of the locals and the stuff that goes on around that town because I live an hour away. So being able to read that information with a few clicks of a mouse is really convenient. Do you guys read newspapers online? Or would you rather just read them on paper when you go home to visit?

No comments:

Post a Comment