Sunday, April 19, 2009

Back to the Drama!

So today I decided to go back and talk about another drama television show because I wasn’t really sure on what else to blog about and this is just easier for me being I know some stuff about it. My inspiration for this blog comes from me turning on the television the other day to check our DVR to see if Grey’s Anatomy or Desperate Housewives had been new at all lately, which they hadn’t so I was kind of upset. But my TV was on the ABC channel and Scrubs had been on and for some reason when the show has to deal with hospitals or doctors I am always interested, so I thought today I would inform you of that show because I thought it was interesting and would also like to know more about it myself!
“Scrubs focuses on the unique point of view of Dr. John Dorian, or "J.D." (Zach Braff). After surviving his internship and residency at Sacred Heart Hospital, J.D. is now an attending physician with his own class of interns to guide and mentor. Even though J.D. has risen in the hospital ranks, he will continue to face many challenges in both his personal and professional life. Joining the rumpled J.D. at Sacred Heart Hospital are Dr. Chris Turk (Donald Faison) -- J.D.'s college buddy who is part of the elite surgical group, Turk's wife, the no-nonsense head nurse, Carla Espinosa (Judy Reyes), as well as the beautiful, but socially awkward, Dr. Elliot Reid (Sarah Chalke). Former Chief of Medicine Dr. Bob Kelso (Ken Jenkins) now keeps a watchful eye on the hospital staff from the coffee shop. Meanwhile, the caring yet abrasive Dr. Perry Cox (John C. McGinley) is struggling with an identity crisis as he reevaluates his career, and, the hospital janitor (Neil Flynn) and J.D.'s nemesis, who never seems to miss an opportunity to harass his target.Scrubs stars Zach Braff as J.D., Sarah Chalke as Elliot Reid, Donald Faison as Chris Turk, John C. McGinley as Dr. Perry Cox, Judy Reyes as Carla Espinosa, Ken Jenkins as Dr. Bob Kelso and Neil Flynn as the Janitor. Scrubs is produced by ABC Studios. Bill Lawrence (Spin City) is the executive producer and creator.” http://abc.go.com/primetime/scrubs/index?pn=about

2 comments:

  1. I can admit that I have watched this show on occasion, and personally I don't really mind it. It's not my first choice for medical drama, but it does put a comedic spin on the series that lightens up the mood of a medical setting. Personally I would rather watch House if I were looking for a medical dramady, but thats just me,.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also a fan of all shows about hospitals it seems like. Greys, ER, Scrubs, House, etc, have all caught my attention at one point in time.

    I am so glad you chose to write about Scrubs. I just got finished watching it on Comedy Central actually. It is a totally underrated show and I am sad it is the show's last season. I like it because instead of comedy taking a back seat to drama like in Grey's Anatomy, this show takes a funnier look at serious issues.

    ReplyDelete