Sunday, March 22, 2009

Grey's Anatomy Recap

In the most recent episode of Grey’s Anatomy which aired on Thursday we witnessed a face transplant. The patient needed to have 70% of his face grafted. This surgery was considered one of the biggest surgeries in the world and it just happened to be happening at Seattle Grace Hospital while everything was going to heck. Derek refuses to come back to work even after Dr. Bailey had sent Callie and Owen out there to retrieve him but find themselves telling stories of the patients that they have both lost. Eventually, Chief gets fed up and heads out to the woods himself to talk to Derek. They then argue about Chief had told Meredith about the ring and that he had hit it out into the woods that night that he had sent her out to talk him into coming back to Seattle Grace. Also during this time the interns have some issues that need to be solved. Two of the boys are beating each other over a girl that we find out is pregnant with one of their kids. While Christina is preparing to do her solo surgery, she is also helping Izzie with getting and appointment to get her melanoma cancer cells checked out in which she ends up not going to. Izzie confides in Christina that she doesn’t want to be a patient and have the staff laugh at her and call her names while under the knife. She tells Christina that she doesn’t want anybody to know and that she is just going to live with it. Later in Christina’s solo surgery before she asks for the scalpel she reveals to Bailey and Alex what is wrong with Izzie. At the end of the episode Meredith goes out to Derek’s trailer in the woods and he tells her that he loves her and she said she knew. He then asked her if she would still love him if he wasn’t a surgeon. She said no. But then tells him of Izzie’s condition and gives him the scans of her brain. After she leaves we see him pick them up. So my guess is that in the next episode Derek goes back to try to save Izzie because at the end of the show we also see her transferring to a patient and is no longer a doctor. I am really excited for the next episode because, hopefully, Derek will be back at Seattle Grace and they(he) will be able to save Izzie and everything will go back to normal! Also at the very end we see that the face transplant patient successfully got a new face but is still a bit bruised and swollen. That should be neat to see on Thursday how that turns out and if it gets infected or not. I am also excited to find out how Christina’s solo surgery went. Four days till then! Can’t wait!

7 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of Grey's Anatomy, and actually, I just watched the two latest episodes online last night so I would be caught up for this week. . . They were both really good! I am also looking forward to this Thursday to see what is new at Seatle Grey's. If I hadn't watched the episodes last night I would have really appreciated your recap! :) I hope you enjoy tomorrow's episode!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching this show, it's so addicting and interesting. I'm excited for the next episode too! I hope that Derek goes back to Seattle Greys too. It just would not be the same on the show if he was not a doctor there. I do not like the fact that Izzie is sick either. They have not had a character leave the show lately and I hope they can help Izzie's conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I only watch gray’s anatomy once in my life but when I did watch I did like it. Since you have been talking about grays anatomy it gives me courage or influence to keep watching the show. However, I do not have the time all the time to watch the show. Next time I do watch the show I will watch the transplant one that you had posted. Over all I do like your post I will always, love shoes no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WELL, i have acually never seen this show, but reading this blog i fould the epesode pretty interesting...
    I like these kinds of shows, specially when it is concerned with medical history!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Lydia. I’m also a fan of Grey’s Anatomy. When I miss the episodes I always have to go on the internet to watch the show online. I also don’t like the fact that Izzy is really sick, I think the show will be a lot different without Izzy she is one of my favorite character. I think these types of shows are very interesting and it actually helps people learn about different illnesses and medical conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't watch Grey's Anatomy because I can't keep up with everything thats going on. I also don't really like watching surgery's and stuff, I get really grossed out. When you said you were excited for the next episode because I hope everything will go back to normal. I doubt it, because if it does you'll get bored. You watch because everything is so messed up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not seen this show ever. But by the way people talk about it it seems like it would be worth my while!! It sounds like it has a mixture of differant things that it deals with such as drama, and romance. Looks like we will have to have a Grey's night soon!

    ReplyDelete